A message from GlobalLogic President and CEO
I hope you, your family, and your employees are healthy and safe. I wanted to give you the latest status from GlobalLogic and our continued response to the COVID-19 crisis. Over the past 5 weeks, I’ve engaged with many leaders from our client organizations and discussed how we can work together to keep projects on track and minimize disruptions, as well as think creatively about new digital solutions and new opportunities.
Our Current Status
At GlobalLogic, we have been following all government mandates in all locations; currently, nearly all of our 16,000 employees are successfully working from home with little to no loss of productivity, or disruption to client projects. We are doing regular assessments of the financial impact of the crisis to our business, assuring that we have the resources needed to support our operations for now and long-term. I’m happy to report that the foundation of our business remains strong, and we will continue to be a stable partner through this crisis and beyond.
Introducing the GlobalLogic Virtual Cafe
To engage our employees and open up new lines of communication, we’ve created the GlobalLogic Virtual Cafe, where employees can schedule their own meetups or attend company town halls. The Cafe is also available for our clients, so they can address our employees, or meet with their own engineering teams.
While the future economic outlook is still uncertain, we do see some degree of stabilization setting in as we look ahead to the next few quarters. As cities begin talks of reopening, we are making our own plans on when and how we will return our employees to their workplace. Our priority will continue to be to reduce the risk to employees and to make the transition as seamless as possible. We will keep you posted on our progress as we begin the transition back into the office as restrictions are lifted.
Updated April 23, 2020
GlobalLogic has been monitoring and upgrading our response to the COVID-19 crisis since the beginning stages of the outbreak. At the time of this writing, we currently have no reported cases of employee Coronavirus infection, and no GlobalLogic business operations or client projects have been impacted. We have invoked our Business Continuity Plans (BCP) moving nearly all employees to Work From Home to reduce risk, and to comply to all local regulations and heath orders. To maximize employee safety, and to reduce risk of impact to client projects, we continue to take action on a number of fronts.
Prevention & Reducing Risk to Employees & Client Projects:
- April 23, 2020: GlobalLogic has been following all government mandates in all locations; currently, nearly all of our 16,000 employees are successfully working from home with little to no loss of productivity, or disruption to client projects. We are doing regular assessments of the financial impact of the crisis to our business, assuring that we have the resources needed to support our operations for now and long-term.
- March 27, 2020: GlobalLogic is fully compliant with all national and regional regulations and health orders. At this time, 98% of all employees worldwide are now performing their duties in Work From Home (WFH) locations. We have experienced no interruptions to client projects at this time. Employees are working on standard corporate issued equipment and security protocols and training has been issued to all members working remotely to assure cyber-security including Secure VPN and Multi-Factor Authentication (as required).
- March 9, 2020: GlobalLogic began invoking our BCP response and began initial transitions of employees to Work From Home (WFH) arrangements in key Geographies in North America & Europe. Transition was also initiated in our India locations (over a week ahead of recently announced National lockdown. Within one week 30-50% of employees were conducting work from home or remote locations.
- February 26, 2020: GlobalLogic further enacted expanded travel guidelines to eliminating all travel, domestic and international, and cancelled all large internal and external gatherings and meetings.
- February 10, 2020: GlobalLogic canceled all participation in, and employee travel, to major industry trade shows taking place in February including Mobile World Congress (Barcelona) and Embedded World (Nuremberg, Germany), Road to Reinvention Sumit (California). All large gatherings for internal meetings were put on hold indefinitely.
- January 31, 2020:, in order to reduce risk of infection to employees, GlobalLogic announced travel restrictions, asking employees to cancel any travel to China or any heavily impacted countries for any work-related purpose. In addition, employees were given the option to opt out of any international travel (to destinations other than China) if they had concerns about the risk of infection.
All employees have been advised to follow the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines on prevention and treatment of Coronavirus (see Resources sidebar)
At GlobalLogic our top priorities are the health and welfare of our employees, and the success of our client projects. Should you have any questions, please contact your GlobalLogic team member for further details. You can also send questions / inquiries to email@example.com.