Automation QA Engineer IRC152660
|Location:||United States - San Jose CA|
|Designation:||Senior Test Engineer|
|Skills:||Java, Manual functional testing, Mobile testing, Selenium|
The QA Automation Engineer/ Software Test Engineer will work as part of the product development team and is responsible for defining and executing our automation and quality strategy as well as mentoring our team in these same practices. This individual will have background in both SaaS automation and is comfortable leading a diverse team in the execution of that strategy in an Agile environment. This position will oversee our integration efforts with continuous build, deployment and notification processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in the technology field.
- 5+ years of Software QA Automation experience on both web and mobile platforms– API automation, App automation, Web automation.
- 3+ years of experience testing and developing scalable cloud based products
- Experience in handling team in onsite offshore model
- Exposure and understanding to modern web standards and technology.
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams, including business and technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and best-practices
- Understanding of modern web architecture using MVC approaches
- Exposure to bug tracking and task management software
- Has experience in writing test plan, test cases for complex systems web applications
- Has experience in querying database like SQL queries
- Able to quickly learn the domain and needs minimal guidance in testing complex systems
The QA Automation Engineer / Software Test Engineer will work as part of the product development team and is responsible for defining and executing our automation and quality strategy as well as mentoring our team in these same practices. This individual will have background in both SaaS automation and is comfortable in a diverse team in the execution of that strategy in an Agile environment.
- Follow the quality organizations vision and strategy along with the core engineering team to attain consistency in method and process.
- Drive implementing and Enhancing a robust and Automated testing process to support a continuous development/deployment environment.
- Work closely with our engineers to seamlessly integrate testing into the development and build processes.
- Coordinate the seamless tracking and reporting of key quality metrics for measuring progress made in the strengthening of the teams quality footprint across all products
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge continuous Integration.
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
- Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Ensure proper tracking, oversight, and communication of QA efforts on each product.
- Manage testing status in internal issue tracker
- Trace test cases and results back to specific user stories/requirements/quality risks.
- Participate in road-map planning to provide recommendations and concerns.
“If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)”
What We Offer
Exciting Projects:Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.
Professional Development:We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.
Excellent Benefits:We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidays
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.