Data Engineer IRC154365
|Skills:||Apache Spark, AWS, ETL, Java, Pipeline Execution/ETL, SQL|
We are operating with a company developing scientifically validated software for performing rapid analyses to generate large-scale real-world evidence. These solutions are used worldwide to make meaning from real-world data and to produce meaningful results for life sciences companies.
You will work closely with our Product and Science team in developing custom transformation logic for longitudinal data, which is in Java / Python / Scala and / or R, and executed over a Spark cluster. In addition, you will be integral in developing and enhancing our platform and its connections to Spark and a combination of big data infrastructure.
Don’t waste any second. Apply, and our incredible Recruitment team will introduce you to this big adventure!
- 3+ years of experience in the offered or related position, including 2 years of experience with designing, developing and maintaining large-scale data ETL pipelines using Java/Scala in AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and DataBricks to manage Apache Spark infrastructure
- Experience working with programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, and SCALA
- Solid experience in building and optimizing ETL pipelines
- Experience in building systems with large data sets
- Experience or practice knowledge with distributed systems
- Experience in translating requirements from product, DevOps teams to technology solutions using SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field – will be a strong plus
- Develop transformation logic to convert disparate datasets into Client’s proprietary format
- Work with the Science team to develop transformations in Spark SQL and UDFs executed over a Spark cluster
- Assess, develop, troubleshoot and enhance our measure system, which utilizes a combination of Java, Scala, Python
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly effective, performant, and scalable components capable of handling large amounts of data for over 100 million patients
- Work with the Science and Product teams to understand and assess client needs, and to ensure optimal system efficiency
- Take ownership from software development and prototyping through implementation
- Build proprietary cloud-based big data analytics for healthcare and improve core back-end & cloud-based data services
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.