Lead Java Developer IRC172389
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Java, Microservices, Spring|
Customer is BP (formerly The British Petroleum Company plc ) is a British multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, England. It is one of the oil and gas “supermajors” and one of the world’s largest companies. The company operating in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and extraction, refining, distribution and marketing, power generation, and trading.
Who we are? What is our identity?
- We are BP start-up. We’re funded by investment budget to create the Integrating Hub platform service.
- Our sole focus is to deliver the best products there can be.
- We’re doing this in support of BP’s ambition to transition from IOC to IEC and net zero. Our success will be determined by our customers.
the Team: Earth Squad – Integrating Services (IH-IS): This is a key customer facing squad responsible for Customer engagement. Consultancy and providing Devops capability fir customers – with relatively small requirements (See *Note 1) – that can’t have their own team to build, operate integration. This squad will also operate the platform
* Note 1: The earth Squad will have relatively small capabilities to build solutions to customers. This also goes against one of the Mission Objectives of iHub being of enabler for BP, rather than a potential development bottleneck.
- 8+years of the experience in Software Development
- Expert in programming using Java (Note: expectation is that the individual will demonstrate this level of capability by solving programming challenges in the evaluation process)
- Experience in leading of development teams, providing technical support the same as communication to the upper management and client stakeholders
- Expert in integration designs using Microservices
- Having worked in Integration Services teams delivering integration, understading the approaches, patterns in integration development and testing
- Expertise of working in event/domain driven design patterns
- Expertise in the design & build of
o Solutions using integration frameworks e.g., Camel, Spring
o K native Integration solutions
- Customer Facing Skills – including High Level communication & organisation skills – as well being able to directly deliver Training (formal or ad hoc) and Consultancy to BP Customer IT Teams & Senior Stakeholders
Nice to have
- Experience of delivering for business-critical needs e.g., HA/DR solutions
- Experience of building Integration observability including logging, tracking/tracing, monitoring & alerting functionality
- Understanding of Security best practices, Relevant standards e.g., cloud events, AsyncAPI specification
- Integration team leadership; mentoring, coaching, and educating team on best practices in integration design and development
- Manage the deliverables of the development team
- Provide strong technical leadership in cloud-based software architecture and scalable API designs
- Inspire and lead the team to build cutting-edge solutions and proactively bringing new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table
- Ensure enforcement of IT standards and Technology Stack
- Day to day leadership of the Operations team, ensuring service levels are maintained and KPI’s are met
- Acting as point of contact and escalation, for the business on support issues across a number of business-critical applications
- Key contact point for business and delivery management staff in technology operational aspects
- Prioritising day-to-day systems issues and client requests in a timely manner, effectively managing client expectations and escalating where appropriate
- Focusing on risk activities and proactive risk mitigation initiatives
- Monitor emerging technologies and plan for growth and long term success of the integration
- Manage the integration, analysis and assessment of plans and strategies across multiple projects
- Ensure that the final solutions meet organisational needs.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.