Senior Linux and Infrastructure Engineer IRC126902
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Bash, BSD Sockets, C++-Linux, Core Java, Embedded Linux, Linux, Linux Kernel, Networking, Performance testing/tuning, Python|
Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative solutions that deliver and process video.
Kyiv Lab, in close collaboration with Harmonic offices in other locations (US, Hong Kong, France, Israel), works on a different parts of the solution, including the datapath, control plane, testing automation, supporting the SaaS platform, on-premises cluster setups, and standalone appliances.
The project aims to provide the infrastructure to deploy and run a flagship solution for video processing (for example, to provide an on-demand live video service delivered over the Internet) in various deployment environments.
We use git, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, AWS, Azure.
- Strong Linux knowledge:
* Total 4+ years of experience using Linux in different environments, including embedded.
* Bash scripting
* Knowledge of command-line tools and utilities, various Linux subsystems, system features, etc.
* System configuration and troubleshooting, including performance issues and optimizations. Experience with tools like perf.
- Good knowledge in the area of system programming:
* Understanding of topics like threads, thread affinity, soft real-time threads, high-performance networking.
* Experience in using Python (or e.g. Go) for system management scripts, daemons, automation of various tasks or small services.
- Intermediate English;
- Good communication skills;
- Bachelors degree.
We’re looking for a person who will help us maintain and further develop a Linux-based appliance platform that runs on Intel servers with a wide range of features that hosts a video-processing application that runs on Kubernetes. The platform supports a full appliance life-cycle – manufacturing, configuration, remote and off-line troubleshooting, safe upgrades, health monitoring, and recovery features.
- Experience with Docker and virtualization solutions;
- Experience with Kubernetes, or any orchestration framework;
- Experience with writing Ansible Playbooks and modules;
- Knowledge of common network protocols (HTTP, DNS, DHCP);
- Understanding of advanced network topics (Multicast/IGMP, VLANs);
- Understanding of time synchronization protocols (NTP, PTP);
- Participation in maintaining, supporting, or solving problems of the production environment or distributed environment;
- Experience with Amazon AWS or any other major cloud provider;
- Experience with integration of various projects, both open-source, and proprietary, into a single solution.
Design, implement and maintain a platform layer for standalone appliances to support a higher level video-processing application running on this platform. The platform includes Linux kernel, third-party drivers for add-on cards, automatic server firmware upgrade support, hardware monitoring, performance optimizations, security hardening, API and tools for software upgrade, flexible network configuration, system-wide logs management, off-line troubleshooting tools, full build-time software installation, software distribution (RPM), ISO installer, and other parts.
You will be a part of a small Kyiv-based team that specializes on appliances and works together with a larger team that specializes in deployments in general.
Responsibilities also include participation in team and grooming meetings, writing documentation for the features, implementation of test automation, field incidents analysis, bug triages, preparing release branches.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.