Senior QA engineer (system team) for Harmonic Edge IRC150355
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv, Lviv|
|Designation:||Senior Test Engineer|
|Skills:||Linux, Network, Networking|
Edge team works on 2nd generations of Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) Cable Access products: actively developing the industry’s first software-based CCAP solution (“Cable OS”) and cloud-native CMTS.
These solutions allow to cable operator companies to deliver IP-based data, video, and voice services to millions of customers. Focus is given to CableOS which will allow to get rid of the existing HW equipment and migrate to the cloud, saving customers the enormous expenses for the support of HW network equipment.
The system is based on microservice architecture and is running on general-purpose CPUs. It doesn’t require using ASICs and makes it possible to run the SW both on the bare metal servers as well as on the private cloud infostructure. CableOS is a pioneer in DOCSIS software-defined networking (SDN) with all the benefits it gives to the service providers.
GlobalLogic team is involved in development, manual and automated testing, as well as in solution integration at customers’ headend and further technical support 24/7 with providing professional services for Customers.
To learn more – please visit
- Experience of 4+ years in SW testing of complex systems (preferable embedded/network equipment)
- Proficient Linux user
- Deep knowledge in networking protocols, specifically IEEE802.1Q/ad bridging and/or IPv4/6 unicast/multicast Routing
- Upper-intermediate English (writing and speaking).
- High level of interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with different groups.
- B. Sc. In computer science or other exact sciences aka faculty of mathematics/physics/chemistry/etc.
- Knowledge in DOCSIS
- Data traffic generators (Ixia, iPerf.) and analyzers (Wireshark, Averna)
- Script tools/languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
Would be a plus:
- Testing End-to-End complex embedded system, which involves HW and SW components
- Preparation and execution extended test scenarios (including existing automation tests)with focus on load/scale/performance/stress aspects
- Integration testing of features developed by different scrum teams
- Customer issues reproduction and investigation
- Work in agile mode and cooperate with multiple scrum teams
- Writing automation scripts can be considered.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.